Summer Surf Camp
We have been running SURFMAYO summer camps for 20+ years and it has been a great success teaching local, national and international kids and teenagers how to surf.
Surf camps run weekly throughout July & August and it’s mainly for children from 7 to 16 years old. As well as learning to surf, or improving your surfing skills our camp is based around an atmosphere where everyone will have a great time while staying safe in the water. Parents are more than welcome to join in. Technique, water safety, fitness and learning about the ever changing surfing conditions are all part of the week long camp. Each person is encouraged to progress at their own pace while being inspired and inspiring others in the group.
The grand finale is a surf competition on the Friday. Run with “good craic” in mind, more than battling for a world title, this gives our surfers the big push to really go for it at the end of the week. With a few medals up for grabs, from most improved surfer of the week to best wipe out!
We usually run surf camp from 10am-12pm Monday to Friday, however some weeks we have to alter start times to fit in with local tide-times for Carrowniskey Strand (see timetable below). This is solely to ensure optimum conditions and safety of the kids participating.
All our Surf Coaches are Irish Surfing Association Approved Surf Instructors, qualified Beach Lifeguards, Garda vetted and have received training and certification in Child Protection.
€100 PER CHILD FOR 1 WEEK all equipment is provided
How to Book:
If you find a week that suits your time schedule (see timetable below), please just drop us a call (00353877786821) or email ([email protected]), indicate the week you would like to book & provide a phone number in case we need to contact you in advance.
Due to new Covid-19 protocols, group numbers will be restricted this summer. Early booking is strongly advised as we will have limited places.
Important Information Regarding Covid-19:
- If you are displaying any Covid 19 symptoms (sudden cough, high temperature, etc.) or have had contact with a confirmed case please cancel your surf lessons and do not attend – call your GP for advice.
- Please arrive 20 minutes before the surf camp start time slot for sign up, kitting out of gear, etc. to assist us with achieving C-19 protocols. Be prepared to wait in line whist maintaining 2 metres distance from other customers.
- SURFMAYO will provide all the suitable disinfected gear to participate in surf lessons (wetsuit, boots & surfboards).
- Please ensure participants have swimming togs for under wetsuits, towel, dry clothes for afterwards, water, post surf snacks & sunscreen.
- Please respect the government travel restrictions
- Respect other beach users at access points by giving them 2 metres space at all times.
- Please get changed at either own vehicles / beach at a safe distance away from SURFMAYO site location.
- Please only arrive at the SURFMAYO site if you are booked in for surf camp.
- If you have young children attending surf camp, please emphasize the importance of social distancing during surf lessons and be prepared to assist them in the water if required.